This project comprises the full earthworks, drainage and services installation to construct a new landfill cell.
- Excavation of existing rock from former quarry face to form reshaped batter for new landfill cell;
- Excavation of rock and suitable material;
- Crushing of rock, rock screening to make drainage layer and base for liner;
- Placement of suitable fill to achieve formation level for the proposed cell;
- Excavate suitable clay material and place as clay liner to proposed cell;
- Place and install geogrid separator layer;
- Excavate and place gravel to act as leachate collection layer;
- Install leachate collection pipework within the collection layer.